Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I wore heels today...

I wore heels today for the first time in about nine months. Leaving the house I was very excited, thinking that I was starting to get back to my pre-pregnancy self. I felt very proud of myself for successfully leaving the house, by myself, with the baby in his car seat, my computer in the computer bag, my purse, the diaper bag and Travis's presents.... all in my heels. Driving to the CCA office (Colorado Citizens for Accountability - the nonprofit Travis is working with) I felt very accomplished.
Then it was time to head to the Capital for the Senate hearing on the CCA bill. At the Capital it was business as usual. There were lobbyists, Senators, Representatives and various other people bustling around. We found the Senate Committee Room where the CCA bill was going to be heard on the third floor of the Capitol and started to make the final arrangements for the testimony.
In the midst of all the commotion Henry started crying and needed to be changed. I understood from a very reliable source that the only bathrooms in the Capitol were on the ground floor - but, there was a "secret" bathroom on the third floor that could only be accessed by the legislators and staff.
So, with Henry in my arms I asked one of the Sargent of Arms where the bathrooms were located. He was nice enough to bring me to the "secret" bathroom on the third floor and Henry and I were set!
I walked into this beautiful bathroom with a pedestal sink and marble floors and thought where in the world am I going to change this baby. The only option was the marble floor.
As I knelled on the floor in my high heels I thought I may be wearing my heels but life is never going to be the same! Its going to be better.

1 comment:

tdstephens3 said...

Travis, you must attatch a small camera onto Sommer, or maybe onto Henry - in order to capture moments like this one.